Welcome to the Universal Lab.
Universal Lubricants runs a research and development facility, which includes the lubricants laboratory. In the lab, Universal Lubricants' diverse lines of oils, greases, and other lubricating fluids are engineered and tested. Testing continues to provide quality control as the lab monitors all Universal Lubricants products to ensure they meet performance specifications.
The lab is also involved in Universal Lubricants Life Lines and Engine Guard programs to assist customers with their maintenance practices.
Universal Lubricants Laboratory:
- Runs 100,000 used oil samples per year for Engine Guard, as part of this customer maintenance program
- Performs 10,000 quality control checks per year on raw materials, finished products, research and development projects, and customers’ Engine Guard needs
- Runs 2,000 samples per year for Environmental Services’ burner-fuel and re-refinery feedstock as part of the customer maintenance program
- Provides marketing and technical services assistance and support
- Is staffed by professionally educated and trained personnel with more than 60 years of combined oil industry experience
Contains the industry’s latest equipment including:
- ICP-AES, the Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- FT-IR, Faurier Transmission-Infra Red used to identify and study chemicals
- GC, gas chromatography for analyzing compounds that can be vaporized
- Receives samples from customer-submitted, postage-paid Engine Guard kits
- Generates reports within 24 hours of receiving samples and makes them available via a password-protected website
- Adheres to the the American Society for Testing Materials methods and procedures in which accuracy is determined by participation in cross-check programs
- Immediately notifies customers concerning abnormal/critical results